Monday, August 29, 2011

Something for Jane Austen Fans




There's been an early Christmas present of sorts in my inbox--a contract from White Rose Publishing for my novella, Christmas With Miss Austen, as part of their 2011 Holiday Extravaganza.


I've been a diehard Austen fan since my early teens when I first read Sense and Sensibility, my all-time favorite romance book (though her other stories definitely place somewhere in the top 20).







The now much-battered and beloved copy was a Christmas present shortly before a freak ice storm cut our electricity for 12 very long days. Days in which Trivial Pursuit board games and some spotty radio reception were the only other activity besides shivering under a quilt (ugh).

But luckily, I had Miss Austen's book to break up the monotony, and I pretty much devoured the tale with its surprising plot twists and love triangles. I would read it right up until the light faded (which always seemed to come at a suspenseful part in true cliffhanger fashion).



I've been lucky enough to visit Miss Austen's home in Chawton...






And to see England's historic Bath district, a place that either appears or is referenced in most of her stories. So Christmas With Miss Austen is really my way of saying thanks to this favorite author for her unforgettable stories and characters, and the many hours of entertainment they've given me.



What about you? Are there any Austen fans reading this post--and if so, what's your favorite of her books?

No comments:

Post a Comment